Thursday, December 25, 2008

Called to Rise


I have always loved this Emily Dickinson quote. It speaks volumes about stepping up to the plate when life throws a challenge at you. To me, it's about digging deep to find a strength you never thought you had and discovering that what matters most is how you come through the darkness and become the person you were meant to be.
So much over the last 8 years has led up to this adoption. On this Christmas day, I look around and think how in just a couple of weeks, life as we know it will change drastically. We will become an Italian, Korean, American family. We will have some dolls among the trains and dragons and some pink thrown in there with the blue and brown. So many have asked us, "Why did you choose Korea?" and I have come to realize that life has just led us down this path and ultimately... it chose us.
I am so thankful for our family and friends who have embraced this decision of ours and already love Lily. I am proud of my little boys who are so anxiously waiting for her to join her forever family. I am most grateful, however, to have been given a second chance at raising a daughter. Please Lily come home soon so we can start this journey together. I promise you, it's going to be a great one! RSS

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails